Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne has been released from hospital and is returning home after a health scare, the president of his record label says.Mack Maine, a rapper and the president of Young Money Entertainment - owned by Lil Wayne - made the announcement via Twitter late on Monday.
Celebrity website TMZ first reported that Lil Wayne, 30, was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre in Los Angeles on March 13 after suffering a series of seizures, and that the hip hop star spent several days recovering in intensive care.
He was first taken to hospital on
March 12 after suffering multiple seizures and was released the next day, only to be re-admitted hours later.
Lil Wayne's spokeswoman, Sarah Cunningham, said last week the rapper was "recovering" but did not specify what he was suffering from.
His publicist and record label did not return requests for comment on his condition on Tuesday.
Fellow artists, including Nicki Minaj, Eminem and Drake, were photographed entering the hospital over the weekend.
The tattooed New Orleans rapper, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr, has a history of seizures.
He reportedly suffered two in January while on board a plane and had an attack in October while flying on a private jet.
Young Weezy, as he is known, counts President Barack Obama among his fans and has been rapping since the age of eight.
He has released nine studio albums over his two-decade career and is one of the biggest names in rap music.